With Myworkout GO, you can train 4x4 on all types of equipment that have watt measurement. Bicycles, rowing machines or elliptical machines are examples of devices that are available with watt measurement. Here's how to do it:
- Start the app and select the "Apparatus 4x4" training session.
- Start the workout.
- During the intervals, try to stay at the same wattage for four minutes. The intensity should be 85-95% of max.
- During the active breaks, you can sleep at a lower wattage. Your intensity should be about 70% of max.
- When you have completed the session, enter your weight and average watts. The breaks are not to be counted.
- Based on this information, the app calculates VO2max and biological age.
NB! Remember that a lack of technique can make it difficult to get up to the right intensity and thus affect the result. When you want to test your VO2max, it is recommended that you choose a form of training where you have a good command of the technique.
If you don't have a good command of the technique but still want to train 4x4 on a machine, it will work just fine. You still get good training from the session, but the result of the test will not be the same as when you perform a session where you master the technique well.